Leyland’s highly efficient 710,000-square-foot manufacturing facility features a technologically advanced production system which incorporates electronic work instructions (EWI) to deliver engineering designs, build instructions and quality records to employees by interactive touch screens. Leyland builds the full DAF product range (LF, CF and XF models) for right and left-hand drive markets. The site is also the UK home of the successful PACCAR Parts business, who special in aftersales support and spares distribution across the UK and Europe.
Leyland has expanded its global medium-duty presence and in addition to assembly at Leyland, sells the LF and CF in kit form to many parts of the globe. Additionally, Leyland offers in-house design and manufacture of high quality truck bodies.
Employees are at the heart of Leyland’s success and a ‘one-team’ ethos exists across all parts of the business. Employees at all levels of the organisation are actively encouraged to achieve their full potential through active career development and support. Leyland is also has a strong social conscience and works with local education and charitable organisations over many years to give back to the local community.
Our Culture & Values
The Leyland Values, which underpin our way of working, are:
• Customer Focus – we meet and exceed the needs of our internal and external customers
• Empowerment – we take decisions and resolve problems in our own work areas
• Innovation – we implement improvements and are receptive to new ideas & working practice
• Personal Development – we develop our skills and knowledge and share them with others
• Personal Responsibility – we take responsibility for our actions & manage our time productively
• Team Working – We work effectively in teams towards common goals and show respect for all
In the day to day working environment, these values are seen through strong communications, a ‘one team’ approach, a learning culture, ‘safety first’, individual flexibility, empowerment, continuous improvement and community involvement.
Health & Safety
As well as dealing with immediate medical and injury needs the health centre offers further services and benefits to employees, including free on site physiotherapy, lifestyle health checks, stop smoking support, influenza inoculations and confidential counselling services.