The way the team works together at Leyland has evolved over time and been shaped by different influences. One of these is ‘Team Enterprise’, a philosophy of engaging the full workforce to achieve business objectives. More recently, the PACCAR Production System (PPS) has been used to drive the business forward. Through PPS, a common framework (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, Environment) is used to align the business and personal objectives.
The Leyland Values, which underpin our way of working, are:
• Customer Focus – we meet and exceed the needs of our internal and external customers
• Empowerment – we take decisions and resolve problems in our own work areas
• Innovation – we implement improvements and are receptive to new ideas & working practice
• Personal Development – we develop our skills and knowledge and share them with others
• Personal Responsibility – we take responsibility for our actions & manage our time productively
• Team Working – We work effectively in teams towards common goals and show respect for all
In the day to day working environment, these values are seen through strong communications, a ‘one team’ approach, a learning culture, ‘safety first’, individual flexibility, empowerment, continuous improvement and community involvement.