Design Engineer – Vehicle Electrical Engineering
Be part of the development of the next generation of sustainable commercial vehicles, designing new electrical harnesses for non-standard orders to meet customer requirements.
Work within a world-class Product Development team, responsible for new product design and validation at the UK’s market-leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.
Leyland Trucks is the centre of medium duty truck expertise within the global PACCAR corporation, and a team of approximately 120 engineers are responsible for the LF vehicle model.
- Design wiring harnesses to meet non-standard customer requirements, following established design guidelines.
- Deliver engineering drawings ranging from Saber harness schematic and bundle designs to Creo CAD drawings
- Liaise with Product Development system owners and stakeholders in Vehicle Assembly to ensure that designs meet required technical requirements and are manufacturable.
- Assist Vehicle Electrical Engineering team with resolution of development, manufacturing or field service problems.
- Work with suppliers as necessary to deliver cost effective solutions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Practical proven experience of automotive electrical vehicle systems, ideally within a commercial vehicle environment.
- Experience of electric circuit design is desirable
- Experience of electrical harness design software is desirable but training in Saber and Creo will be provided if necessary
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
£30-35k per annum
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Jody Clayton.