Leyland Trucks is one of Britain’s leading manufacturing companies. It is PACCAR’s established centre for light and medium duty truck design, development and manufacture.
Leyland Trucks operates from one of Europe’s most advanced truck assembly facilities, the Leyland Assembly Plant. The company, employing 1000 people, manufactures the full range of DAF product, of which approximately 40% is exported to all European Union markets and the wider world. The Company’s future development is focused on the use of leading edge applications of information technology in all aspects of truck design, manufacture, procurement and logistics.
We are looking for Assembly Operators to join our Leyland Team.
• Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
• Carry out assembly operations in line with identified job process.
• Participate in process improvement activities.
• Maintain cleanliness of immediate work area.
• Basic care of equipment.
• Care of components required in the build process.
• Highlight quality problems and participate in the problem resolution process.
• Learn a range of jobs within assembly operations.
• Be prepared to respond to changing business needs e.g. requirement to work overtime, shifts, etc. and different shift patterns if required in future.
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience in auto electrical, assembly fitting and fabrications are preferable.
• Experience of automotive paint spraying is desirable
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions is essential
• Ability to work to required task schedules and processes.
• Role involves physically demanding tasks
• Good communication and team working skills.
• Capable of learning; processes, work instructions, new skills.
• Be flexible and available for reasonable overtime and changes in job assignments.
• Right first time attitude and conscientious, aware of quality implications.
Good attendance record and time keeping is essential
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with an engaging level of responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
• 40 hour working week
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
• Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
• Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply. Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Lisa Neilson
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021