Design Engineer - Chassis
Be part of the development of the next generation of commercial vehicles developing the structures to meet future requirements including the transition to electric powertrains.
Work within a world-class Product Development team, responsible for new product design and validation at the UK’s market-leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.
Leyland Trucks is the centre of medium duty truck expertise within the global PACCAR corporation, and a team of approximately 120 engineers are responsible for the LF vehicle model.
- Provide technical knowledge of chassis structures, steering systems, primary and cab suspension systems.
- Develop design solutions using PTC Creo/Windchill CAD tools.
- Support design activities on major vehicle projects, cost reduction initiatives, production issues and service problem resolution.
- Release and maintain engineering drawings and BOM using engineering processes.
- Deliver technical solutions through calculation, design & development using the DFSS process.
- Represent the Company in technical discussions with suppliers / customers, including travel as required.
- There is an opportunity for this role to grow to a grade 12 position.
Experience and Qualifications
- Commercial vehicle design and development experience including knowledge of chassis structures design.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work on own initiative, within cross functional teams and independently.
- PTC CREO/Windchill CAD skills essential. Knowledge of NX and DAF Mainframe an advantage
- Knowledge of GD&T an advantage.
- PDG experience (LT Apprenticeship an advantage).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven engagement with Six Sigma & DFSS techniques.
Circa £40K per annum
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Lisa Neilson.