Electronic and Embedded Systems Engineering Manager
Be the change, as part of the Engineering leadership team, managing the development of new products and platforms to meet the future needs of the industry.
Based in Leyland, Lancashire we have a long history in truck manufacturing, starting in 1896 and today we are the only truck manufacturer in the UK, making one product line, the multi award winning DAF XB, XD, XF and XG models. The role being advertised is for an Engineering Manager within the Product Development Group, responsible for a number of engineering functions, developing market leading, high quality technology solutions across the DAF medium duty product range.
- Leadership for several engineering disciplines within PDG
- Support the Chief Engineer in meeting PDG targets
- Manage relationships with key internal and external suppliers
- Lead the development and adoption of systems engineering processes and toolchain
- Department lead for electronic and embedded systems engineering and integration
- Present plans and updates to Leyland and DAF Senior managers
- Manage your teams deliverables in line with project deadlines for running business updates and model year projects
- Support Customer facing activities (launches / exhibitions / visits)
- Ensure quality and support to Operations exceeds expectations
- Ensure engineering problems are resolved quickly and to quality standards
- Develop budget and resource plans in support of product roadmap
- Recruit / Develop / Retain staff to grow critical skillsets
- Regular travel within Europe is to be expected to support face to face meetings
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of systems engineering development lifecycles
- Experience of managing development of electrical and electronic systems
- Must hold an Engineering degree
- Experiences in the management of engineering teams
- Strong planning, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Able to lead, adapt and make decisions under uncertain conditions
- Develop effective relationships (internal and external)
- Knowledge of Automotive Spice, Functional Safety and Cyber Security an advantage
- Good knowledge of Commercial Vehicle systems an advantage
- HGV C+E licence would be an advantage
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative, and progressive environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential, where professional development is encouraged and supported.
In addition to a competitive salary, we can also offer you:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, with employer matched contribution up to 12%
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Access to Digital GP Services
- Employee Rewards offering high street discounts
- On-site Parking
- On Site Occupational Health Services
If you can see yourself working for a large multi-national organisation, who is at the forefront of commercial vehicle transportation, we welcome your interest in applying.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Lisa Neilson.