Finite Element Analyst
The role is within the Product Development Organization.
Leyland is the centre of light/medium duty truck expertise for PACCAR, and a team of approximately 100 engineers are responsible for the design of the LF range.
- Use finite element analysis (FEA) to assess and improve new designs, from concept stage to validation testing, working in close partnership with design engineers.
- To be fluent in relevant analysis techniques; typically linear and non-linear static, contact, modal, frequency response and thermal FEA.
- Develop load cases where appropriate, for example using test data.
- Provide FEA support to resolution of service problems and product cost reduction initiatives.
- To provide support with hand calculations and technical advice on design details and failure analysis as required across the organisation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent technical qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of using FEA techniques in a design engineering context is essential (minimum 5 years’ experience).
- Proven ability to work closely with design and test engineers to assess designs, develop improvements and solve problems is essential.
- Expertise in good design practice for cast, forged and fabricated parts, in ferrous and aluminium materials is essential.
- Experience of the Altair Optistruct software package is highly desirable.
- Experience of using FEA techniques in the automotive sector is highly desirable.
- Experience of test data interpretation using Matlab package is desirable.
- Self-motivated and adaptable, able to work on own initiative to solve complex problems.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Approx. £45K per annum
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply. Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Jody Clayton.