The position is for a mechanical maintenance fitter working in a Facilities and Maintenance Department. The department is responsible for maintaining all plant and equipment on site as well as building services. The candidate would be assigned into one of three maintenance teams consisting of 9 engineers per team reporting to a team supervisor.
- To work as part of a 3 shift system team and be flexible to work alternative shifts and weekends as and when required by the business.
- To work within the maintenance team supporting the production and facilities functions site wide.
- To carry out on own or as part of a team scheduled and none scheduled maintenance on assets, plant and facilities equipment site wide.
- To ensure all necessary loss and compliant schedules are completed on time and to the required standard.
- To identify and implement improvements to plant and equipment.
- Where necessary to work with other departments/functions on project work.
Experience and Qualifications
- A recognised mechanical based trade, but with multi-skill ability
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship
- With well-developed mechanical skills gained within a manufacturing Facilities and Maintenance environment, the candidate must be qualified to a minimum of ONC/HNC level within mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements specific to plant maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of pneumatic systems including installation of pipe work preferred.
- Experienced in maintaining conveyor systems, cranes and hydraulic control systems.
- Experience in maintenance of pneumatic, battery and DC tooling preferred
- Good knowledge of Facilities and Maintenance processes and production critical equipment.
- Can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment or on own ability.
- Good level of computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
£36,795.60 per annum plus shift pay of circa £9,500 per annum
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Jody Clayton.