Material Handling Operators
Leyland Trucks is one of Britain’s leading manufacturing companies. It is PACCAR’s established centre for light and medium duty truck design, development and manufacture.
Leyland Trucks operates from one of Europe’s most advanced truck assembly facilities, the Leyland Assembly Plant. The company, employing 1000 people, manufactures the full range of DAF product, of which approximately 40% is exported to all European Union markets and the wider world. The Company’s future development is focused on the use of leading edge applications of information technology in all aspects of truck design, manufacture, procurement and logistics. We are looking for Material Handlers to join our Leyland Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work safely in accordance with Risk Assessments and on-site safety requirements
• Handle material in a safe, timely and accurate manner in order to support the company build program
• Pick parts from holding stores and deliver to line-side locations utilising a variety of Material Handling Equipment
• Unload parts from delivery trailers and put away into holding store locations utilising a variety of Material handling Equipment
• Transact the part movement using Material Handling systems to make sure inventory records are maintained
• Flexibility and adaptability across a variety of Material Handling roles and tasks
• Highlight quality problems and participate in the problem resolution process
• Respond to changing business needs e.g. requirement to work overtime, shifts, etc
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience of operating Material Handling equipment is mandatory, including holding a valid license
• Role involves physically demanding tasks
• Knowledge of Radio Frequency, EWI Task or Sequencing preferable
• Good numeracy and literacy skills required
• Competent PC Skills would be an advantage
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
• Good communication and team working skills
• Good attendance record and time keeping is essential
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with an engaging level of responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
• 40 hour working week
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
• Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
• Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply. Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Jody Clayton
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Leyland Trucks is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER