Material Handlers - PACCAR Parts
2 roles available
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Accurately verify delivery consignments are correct; identifying overages, shortages, damaged product, packaging issues and incorrect parts.
- Put away parts in appropriate locations considering quantity, size, weight, volume and type of product.
- Accurately process customer orders selecting specified part quantities from assigned inventory locations using RF equipment.
- Consolidate individual customer orders and pack items to ensure product is not damaged in transit to the customer.
- Safely operate distribution centre mechanical handling equipment.
- Ability to react to change and to handle other material handling tasks as assigned.
- Be prepared to respond to changing business needs e.g. work other shift pattern, overtime etc.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of operating a Forklift Truck or Order Picker is preferable, including holding a valid license.
- An ability to work at height is essential due to use of High Level Order Pickers.
- Role involves physically demanding tasks.
- Experience of operating RF equipment is desirable.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills required.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Good attendance record and time keeping is essential.
Download the Application Form here
Closing Date: Friday 9th July 2021
Leyland Trucks is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER