Project Costing Specialist
Leyland trucks is a leading truck manufacturer based in the UK with its own design team and operates in one of the most advanced truck production facilities in Europe . The Finance Department is a team of 25 committed and high performing individuals providing expertise in all aspects of finance processing, reporting and analysis, who operate as highly regarded and valued business partners
- Generation of cost trackers throughout Product Development Projects and engagement of the designers, cost estimators and purchasing to measure against targets.
- Report tracker status and current actions to senior stakeholders within engineering, purchasing and finance.
- Apply Material Cost Excellence (MCE) techniques to identify cost down opportunities during the design phase.
- Assess impact of product cost changes to key metrics including typical truck.
- Prepare product and feature costings as required, including supporting the POV (Pre Order Validation) process.
- Support other activities and provide management information within the costings team as required.
- Proactively support continuous improvement within the costing and inventory team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Well-developed knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes.
- Financially astute with a sound understanding of numeric data.
- Excellent IT skills with a proficient knowledge of Oracle and Excel.
- Ability to work to fixed and tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of communicating at a senior level.
- A degree or equivalent qualification is desirable
C£42K plus benefits
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, such as education programs and (online) training courses
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Lisa Neilson