Commodity Manager x 2 (1 permanent and 1 on a 12 month secondment)
As part of the PACCAR Purchasing Europe Department, the Leyland Trucks Purchasing Team have responsibility for Purchasing activities relating to the DAF LF, CF and XF models. This responsibility requires the management of the Supply Base and sourcing activities to support projects within our UK, European and South American facilities, in order to improve the Quality and Cost competitiveness of the DAF product.
- Management of a high value commodity package including development of suppliers to ensure total cost sourcing decisions are made in line with PACCAR requirements.
- Achievement and reporting of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement.
- Development of partnership relationships with vendors.
- Work with suppliers to implement PACCARs Cost Management Programme and ensure Six Sigma projects are defined and implemented.
- Understand commodities managed at multiple levels and develop short, medium and long-term commodity strategies.
- Identify and lead a number of cost reduction projects
- Manage a complex and varied workload, ensuring attention is maintained on key actions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self - managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Confident presenter at senior management level.
- Good Quality, Engineering, Process and Materials background.
- CIPS Membership is desirable
- Self-motivated, flexible and team player with ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable administrative and IT skills.
- Essential to be educated to degree qualification
- Desirable Six Sigma Greenbelt certified
- Driving License & Passport and be prepared to work away/abroad
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses
- Professional development is encouraged and supported
Drive your career, join Leyland Trucks.
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com for attention of Lisa Neilson.