Leyland Trucks Ltd. is lead by three key people: Brennan Gourdie, Peter Jukes and Denis Culloty.
Brennan Gourdie - Managing Director
Brennan Gourdie joined PACCAR in 1993 after serving in the US Air Force’s Space Systems Division for 4 years. He has 26 years of various management experience and increasing responsibility with PACCAR. Between 1993 and 2005 at Peterbilt, he had management roles in Manufacturing Engineering, Marketing, Product Development, and Materials Supply.
In 2005 Brennan moved to PACCAR’s Corporate offices to take up the role of Senior Director of Purchasing: Responsible for sourcing of North American production and indirect material, China sourcing activities, and freight transportation. In 2014 he became General Manager of PACCAR Winch in Tulsa Oklahoma, before joining Leyland Trucks as the Managing Director in February 2019.
Peter Jukes - Operations Director
Peter was born and raised in Leyland and joined the company from Balshaws High School on an Engineering apprenticeship in 1977. Following his four year training to become a skilled Turner and Machinist he worked for the then Bus Division until joining the Manufacturing Engineering Group at the Leyland Assembly Plant in 1985.
Continuing his academic studies at Harris Technical College and later graduating with a post graduate diploma in Management Studies from The University of Central Lancashire in 1997, Peter moved into operations management becoming one of the key change agents of the Team Enterprise cultural development at Leyland. Peter’s career to date can be summarised as follows:
- Peter Worked his way to Assembly Business Unit Manager and was responsible as project manager for the successful transfer of the Foden Vehicle production and Aftermarket businesses to the Leyland site.
- He joined the Leyland senior management team as Logistics Director in 2001.
- Peter then helped establish and headed up the PACCAR Parts UK & Ireland Logistics Operations Division on the Leyland site from 2003 to 2008.
- He then returned to the Leyland Trucks Division in late 2008 as Assistant Operations Director. Notable successes during this time for Leyland Trucks were back to back IMechE Manufacturing Excellence Overall award winners 2009/10 and the International Shingo Bronze Medallion award for Operational Excellence for achieving world class levels of performance.
- In June 2012 Peter was promoted to Operations Director for Leyland Trucks.
Denis Culloty - Chief Engineer
Denis graduated from Liverpool University in 1980 with an Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering. He started his career with Leyland Truck and Bus as a Graduate Engineer before leaving to join Paccar in 1981, and was based at Foden Trucks in Sandbach.
His initial career was focused on vehicle noise/structural test & development. A revolutionary quiet vehicle project (QHV 90) was delivered and Heavy Duty structural testing was instigated to validate innovative off highway suspension systems, this included an assignment based at the Paccar Technical Centre. Denis progressed through Chassis Design roles into Engineering Operations Management.
During this period the DROPS military fleet was developed and commissioned, and Foden Trucks produced many innovative lightweight highly customised trucks. After being appointed as Foden Chief Engineer in 1997, the Foden Alpha range was developed to utilise the DAF truck platform as the basis for an extended range of customised trucks. Following the relocation of Foden build to the Leyland factory, the Foden and Leyland teams were integrated and in 2003 Denis was appointed Chief Engineer Foden and Leyland, responsible for the Foden and DAF LF ranges of trucks.
Major achievements since this time include the development of a new common lightweight chassis platform, the development of a new DAF LF specifically for export to the US and the successful delivery of Euro 4 and 5 trucks. Recent developments include the launch of a complete truck body portfolio and also the introduction of industry leading Hardware In the Loop testing methodologies.