Leyland Trucks likes its employees to develop long term careers with the Company and offers a range of benefits to promote this. A Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision, is available to everyone and we have an on-site Occupational Health Department, staffed by professional occupational health personnel, committed to promoting and maintaining the health of our employees. As well as the usual employment medicals and specialist job-specific health monitoring/surveillance, a range of general services is offered including physiotherapy, chiropody, optometry and an employee support service. Loyalty is rewarded through Service Recognition events and Long Service Anniversary Awards. We also have a Defined Contribution Master Trust Pension Arrangement provided by Aviva.
4 Employee Benefits
1. Professional Fees
The Company recognises the importance of gaining, enhancing and maintaining membership of various professional institutions and bodies.
To help support our employees, the Company agrees to reimburse the cost of annual membership fees to relevant institutions and bodies. We currently support employees who are members of the following:
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA)
- Institute of Operational Management (IOM)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- British Computer Society (BCS)
2. Assisted studies
Employees throughout the business have a wide range of career aspirations. Some of these aspirations can only be met through developing knowledge and skills through educational courses. The company is keen to support continued learning throughout the business and has in place an assisted studies policy which enables successful applicants to have 50% of their total course fee repaid to them upon successful completion of their course.
3. Talent Development
Leyland Trucks continually develops talent with the business, utilising a variety of tools to meet both employee and business needs.
Through reviewing its employees and assessing the differing entry points into departments and roles, it creates various development schemes which it uses to ensure its employees have a wide range of skills and knowledge which enable them to undertake a wide range of roles within the business. The business currently uses schemes such as:
- Secondment opportunities to gain skills and experiences within a different role
- Career Pathway Development schemes
- Sponsored students
- Monitored Professional Development Schemes (MPDS)
Through utilising various training courses and supporting further education, the business encourages our employees to enhance their skills and abilities to reach their career goals. Recent activities include:
- Institute of Leadership and Management level 2 and level 3 courses
- Chartered Management Institute level 4 course
- Assisting employees to achieve professional chartered status with bodies such as CIMA and CIPS
- Supporting employees whilst they study and achieve qualifications ranging from HNC through to Masters level
- Undertaking coaching and mentoring training
4. Wider experience
As part of the PACCAR family, opportunity exists to get involved with and visit other sites around the globe.
Working on global projects with other PACCAR facilities occurs on a regular basis, and your ability to interact with and learn about other sites and their culture is a significant part of our business.
Opportunities exist as well for global travel to other PACCAR facilities. Whether that’s visiting DAF in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, for an engineering conference, or spending 3 months in Ponta Grossa, Brazil, helping to train employees at the newest PACCAR assembly facility how to build DAF trucks.