In order to ensure continued energy conservation at Leyland Trucks an Energy Management Team was set up in 1994. The main objectives of this team are to ensure energy is used efficiently, energy waste is minimised and that the best energy conservation practices are used. These objectives have the ultimate aim of protecting the environment by ensuring the minimum amount of energy is supplied to the site.
Statement of environmental policy
Leyland Trucks has had an environmental policy statement since 1995. This policy has led to the company recognising the actual and potential environmental impacts of its operations, and has helped the company to positively reduce these impacts.
Principles of Leyland Trucks Environmental Policy (The 3 C’s)
1. Leyland Trucks will control its activities in such a way that environmental impacts are appropriately managed and reduced to a practical minimum.
2. Leyland Trucks is committed to continual improvement of its environmental performance and intends to achieve this by improvements resulting from its continuous improvement programmes, in particular through the achievements of six-sigma projects and by setting and achieving annual environmental objectives and targets.
3. Leyland Trucks will comply with the law.
In order to achieve these aims, Leyland Trucks will maintain an environmental management system which meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Leyland Trucks Environmental Policy
Ensure that this policy is understood and implemented at all levels in the Company by providing briefing and training as necessary;
- Comply, in relation to processes and products, with applicable legal requirements and any other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects.
- Maintain close liaison with regulatory authorities and environmental organisations in order to seek their views and advice on activities affecting the environment;
- Manage its activities, so that any identified significant impacts that do not have adequate operational control, where possible, are reduced through the setting and monitoring of objectives and targets by the Senior Management Team.
- Promote energy and water conservation measures and the reduction of pollution.
- Minimise and recycle waste and, where this is not possible, ensure its proper management and disposal.
- Communicate this policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the Company.
- On request provide public access to this environmental policy and respond to communications from interested parties on environmental matters.
- Propagate the environmental policy and the environmental activities of the company in order to support other PACCAR group companies’ brand images and their products and services.
Review this environmental policy annually.