REPORTING TO Purchasing Manager
SALARY AND BENEFITSCirca £45k + Excellent Benefits (25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Private Outpatients Scheme)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of a high value commodity package including development of suppliers to ensure total cost sourcing decisions are made in line with PACCAR requirements.
- Achievement and reporting of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement.
- Development of partnership relationships with vendors.
- Work with suppliers to implement PACCARs Cost Management Programme and ensure Six Sigma projects are defined and implemented.
- Understand commodities managed at multiple levels and develop short, medium and long-term commodity strategies.
- Identify and lead a number of cost reduction projects
- Manage a complex and varied workload, ensuring attention is maintained on key actions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self - managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Confident presenter at senior management level.
- Good Quality, Engineering, Process and Materials background.
- CIPS Membership is desirable
- Self-motivated, flexible and team player with ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable administrative and IT skills.
- Essential to be educated to degree qualification
- Desirable Six Sigma Greenbelt certified
- Driving License & Passport and be prepared to work away/abroad
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to:
Jody Clayton, HR Advisor