Senior Systems Engineer
We're looking for a talented Senior Systems Engineer to join our established Product Development Group in Leyland, Lancashire.
Work within a world-class Product Development team, responsible for new product design and validation for the UK’s market-leading commercial vehicle manufacturer. Help define and deliver complex control systems for the next generation of sustainable commercial vehicles
Leyland Trucks is the centre of medium duty truck expertise within the global PACCAR corporation, and a team of approximately 120 engineers are responsible for the XB vehicle model.
Why join Leyland Trucks? As part of PACCAR, a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-quality premium trucks, we are one of Britain’s leading manufacturing companies.
In this role you would:
- Deliver vehicle functionality as demanded by tomorrow’s professional drivers and their clients
- Develop vehicle systems from concept in liaison with specialist engineers
- Capture requirements from internal and external stakeholders\
- Contribute to PACCAR global product development
- Support vehicle and rig test definition
What We're Looking For:
- Clear process-oriented mindset with the ability to express concepts unambiguously
- Forward thinking with the imagination to innovate within time and budget constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company
- Knowledge/experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- ovehicle systems with an emphasis on electronics and software
- serial data communications (i.e. CAN)
- functional safety
- cyber security
- MATLAB / Simulink
- Self-motivated with drive and initiative
- Level 5 qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
We hope you'll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they've learned
Leyland Trucks is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. We are proud to be a supporter of the PACCAR Women’s Association, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement.
Circa £50k depending on experience
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
- Professional development is encouraged and supported
If you recognise yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com