Learning & Development Specialist
As part of the wider HR team, the learning and development team is responsible for creating a culture of continuous learning and growth through programmes that enable organisations to constantly evolve and develop.
We manage the performance appraisal process and work with managers to identify appropriate development opportunities for their teams. We also manage the highly successful and growing apprenticeship scheme across the business. This role will play an integral part in supporting the Learning & Development Manager to deliver on all these projects and embed the L&D Strategy within the business.
Why join Leyland Trucks?
As part of PACCAR, a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-quality premium trucks, we are one of Britain’s leading manufacturing companies.
In this role you would:
- Assist in the development and implementation of learning strategies
- Support learning and development projects within Leyland
- Provide support in the management of apprenticeships within the business
- Support the facilitation of internal development schemes
- Design, develop and implement learning programmes (on-line and classroom)
- Work with the L&D Manager and department managers in identifying learning and development needs
- Ensure the learner’s experience is positive, engaged and that the learner can apply the learning to their day job and maximise the investment made in their development
- Assist with creating a coaching culture in the organisation
- Develop skills and abilities to provide generalist HR support to the business in areas including recruitment, employee relations and absence management
- Undertake other HR related activities as necessary to support the business
Experience and Qualifications
- Level 5 CIPD (or equivalent) qualification to associate or chartered level is highly desirable
- Experience of supporting the delivery of effective training events to a wide range of people
- Experience of dealing with external training providers, apprenticeships and the Apprenticeship Levy is an advantage
- Confident, with well-developed interpersonal skills, and able to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Organised, with a structured and methodical approach to work
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
We hope you'll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they've learned
Leyland Trucks is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. We are proud to be a supporter of the PACCAR Women’s Association, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement.
At Leyland Trucks you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary Leyland Trucks offers you the following working conditions:
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
- Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
- Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses.
- Professional development is encouraged and supported
If you have experience of working within a busy HR/L&D function, are a great communicator and are looking for the next step in your career, we invite you to apply. Please email your CV to Leyland.Jobs@PACCAR.com
Closing Date: 1st December 2023